Payment Plan Policy
High Desert Driver Education is a state-subsidized program through the High Desert Education Service District. Driver education is a very important program, but we understand the tuition may be difficult for families to pay all at once. We have introduced a Payment Plan Program to hopefully make this easier to manage.
- Choose the payment plan option at the end of the form. This will be considered your first payment.
- Please keep in mind that the last payment should be made 2 weeks prior to the last day of class. Exception: since summer courses are only 5 weeks, payment is due before the last class.
***Payment in full and successful completion of the course requirements will grant your student completion credit in their school and they will receive an ODOT-certified waiver card (if under age 18 and not licensed).
Questions? Email Traci Burk at firstname.lastname@example.org
Types of scholarships:
- Free and Reduced Lunch Program Scholarship or SNAP Program
- Scholarships are a $100 reduction in your fee.
- You must purchase a scholarship plan through the registration process.
- In order to qualify students must either be on the Free and Reduced Lunch Program or on SNAP. (This will be verified through the school district, or you must provide a letter from the institution as proof of qualification)
- You will not receive correspondence from the Driver Education program unless you do not qualify.
- Please keep in mind that your final payment should be made 2 weeks prior to the last day of class.
- Hardship Scholarship
- These scholarships vary depending on the situation.
- We have a limited number of scholarships for hardship.
- To apply, please email a short explanation of why you are in need of the scholarship to Traci Burk at email@example.com.
- You must follow the registration process as normal and purchase a scholarship plan
- You will then be notified of your scholarship status via email and assigned future payments according to the amount of the hardship granted as well as the dates and times of the class you have been assigned
- Please keep in mind that the last payment is due 2 weeks prior to the last day of class
- Crook County Discounts
- Students that attend Crook County High School will automatically receive an additional $100.00 discount. This is provided by a private party.
- Crook County students must apply for a further reduction in fees (scholarship) as stated above
There will be a $40.00 additional fee for any missed Behind the Wheel Sessions. Any missed homework and/or behind the wheel or classroom hours must be made up within 180 days of parent night.
- Refunds must be requested via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a reason for your request.
- Full Refunds Granted if cancellation is received 5 weekdays BEFORE First Classroom Instruction
- No Refunds for cancellations received LESS than 5 weekdays Before First Classroom Instruction
High Desert Driver Education uses photo, video, audio or other recorded likeness of students for any print, electronic or broadcast purposes. High Desert Driver Education may use these likenesses for teaching, communication or promoting the High Desert Driver Education program. There will be no financial or in-kind consideration for use of said likenesses. As the custodial parent or guardian of this child, I understand that I will be required to authorize consent.
High Desert Driver Education will contact students via email, texting or by phone for classroom or behind the wheel scheduling or any information related to their Driver Education course.
- A student may make-up a classroom session by attending one of our other classroom locations, you must have instructor approval.
- Students who miss more that 6 hours of classroom will be in jeopardy of failing the program. A parent meeting will be required.
- If a student misses a behind-the-wheel lab, the student is required to make arrangements with the instructor for the make-up. If the make-up can be completed during the regular schedule, there is no additional fee. However, if an instructor has to make arrangements to come in outside of the regular schedule, we will be charged a $40 fee.
- Students and parents must let instructors know if they are going to be absent. It is the responsibility of the student to confer with the instructor to determine the best way to make-up the class work and time missed in the classroom or behind-the-wheel.
- ABSOLUTELY NO CLASSROOM MAKE-UPS DURING THE LAST WEEK OF CLASSROOM!!
No Show and Make-Up Fees
It is our program policy to drive with two students in the car. It is a major inconvenience when students do not show up for their scheduled drive. When a student fails to show up of fails to notify an instructor about the absence, a $40 fee may be required to make-up the missed drive.
Punctuality is very important! Please be on time to classroom and behind-the-wheel labs. When students are late, it is a disruption to the program. Three tardies will count as an absence and the student will be required to complete a driver education project or attend an additional class/lab.
Practice Driving Log
Students must complete 8 hours of supervised home practice driving before the end of the course (5 hours during the summer courses). Parents and students will be provided a practice log sheet to record drives. Each week, behind-the-wheel instructors will also ask students to practice maneuvers discussed during the lab. It is very important to spread out the drive times. Please do not do all drive hours at one time or in one area. Take small steps and only do what your student can handle. Students must bring their log sheet to behind-the-wheel labs every week!
The use of Alcohol and Other Drugs
A student who comes to class after consuming alcohol or other drugs is in violation of Oregon state law. Any student who appears to be under the influence of alcohol or other drugs will be immediately removed from the class/behind-the-wheel lab and parents will be called to pick up their student. If the student/parents want to continue the course, a meeting will be scheduled with the student, parents, instructors and program managers. If the student is removed from the program, no fees will be refunded.
Special Health Needs
A student information form (orange) will be provided at parent night. Please fill it out completely, including any kind of health or learning issues that may have an effect on your student’s classroom or behind-the-wheel lab abilities. It is very important for each student to have a safe and positive experience while in the program. Please let us know if your student needs any special attention.
Program Policy Regarding Single Students during Behind-the-Wheel
Parental approval is required for a single student to drive during a behind-the-wheel lab.
Missing a Required Parent/Student night
- If a parent is unable to attend parent/student night, the student may come with another adult or family instead
- If a parent AND student both cannot attend parent/student night for their location, they may attend at another location for that term
- If both parent and student are unable to attend at another location, a parent night packet will be emailed and a meeting with the manager may be required